Welcome to the JALv2 homepage. JALv2 is a rewrite of
Wouter van Ooijen's famous Just Another Language.
More JAL bits and libraries can be found:
- jallib -- libraries for everything
- Rob Hamerling's Homepage for all Microchip device files
- Single Multiple with Constant Calculator
- Original JAL
- Stef's PIC Pages
- Bert van Dam Pages
- Yahoo Group
- 2.4q -- 13 November 2013
- don't allow bit offset placement to non-bit variables
(var BYTE x at y:2)
- allow `VAR xx AT rec['.'member]['['subscript']']...'
- allow non-bit variables to declare byte offets
(VAR BYTE x AT y + 2)
- fixed and returned an optimization that reduces code size
when an empty if block is found:
IF cond THEN
- minor optimization. In this sequence: `movwf val; movf val,w'
remove the second as redundant. This happens with the `pass
result in w' and `return result in w' code.
- an inline assembly move to a constant location did not set
the data bits correctly (movwf 0x90).
- assign from constant was completely munged in most cases
- fixed documentation errors (thanks Rob!)
- expanded documentation for records
- minor code generation optimization in equality operators
- beginning of floating point support
- fixed an error that caused false positives with branch errors
- clear out last multiply/divide values when branching
- always inline some multiplies on the 16 bit cores
- fixed a problem in binary AND and binary OR when val1 is shared
and val2 is not *or* dst is in a different bank than val2
- parsed assignment within a procedure definition (default parameter)
but default parameters are not allowed. (Rob)
- re-ordered some optimizations for tigher code (Michael)
- detect if a function is declared but not defined
- when assigning from a pointer of smaller type, the calle to
extend the sign was missing (Michael)
- variables manually placed in shared regions must have the SHARED
flag set (this is internal to the compiler. A variable allocated
in a shared region will now act correctly. Formerly, the shared
attribute was missing in this case.)
- fixed variable allocator
- fixed SHARED testing in the event that part, but not all of a
variable is shared
- cleaned up new warning from gcc 4.7.2
- fixed string constant initialization when the string contains an
- 16 bit inline multiply did not setup indirection correctly
- added `asm reset'
- for _usec_delay, if the PIC temporary varaiable is in shared
space, emit NOP instead of the datahi/datalo instructions.
- fixed data skip errors.
- upcasting a constant value causes incorrect code to be generated
- fixed MULF (thanks again Michael).
- fixed a bug in the skip conditional optimizer (thanks again Michael)
- cmd_analyze() didn't handle assembly properly
- inline assembly, using the `bank' prefix doesn't work correctly
on the 14 bit hybrids
- fixed stack depth reporting
- fixed w optimization removals
- 2.4p -- 3 Sep 2011
- added -fastmath which does:
- create different multiply functions for different sizes. Normally
one multiply function is created representing the largest
- if a multiply is only used once, inline it
- as a side effect of above, multiplication with differently sized
operands has been optimized to only loop enough for the smallest
- use native MULWF instruction on 16 bit cores
- on 16 bit cores, multiplies <= WORD * WORD are always done inline
- fixed bug in the branchbit optimizer
- added, `SHARED,' to the variable definition part of the
documentation, and explicitly stated that variable allocations are
never done from the SHARED regions.
- a direct inline assembly `goto' or `call' was missed by the
- broke 16 bit addition/subtraction of different sized variables
- uncovered latent bug resulting in incorrect multiplication
- fixed 16 bit emulator
- a bug where a variable, only initialized by assignment to
the return value of a function, could be incorrectly
- passing a constant array element into an inline function
- an extra division was required when '/' and '%' are used
next to each other (patch sent by Geoffrey Hausheer)
- -fastmath, where the destination is the same as one of the
operands failed (Geoffrey Hausheer)
- fix a missing multiply due to confusion between
pic_multiply_inline16bit and pic_multiply_inline (Geoffrey Hausheer)
- on 16 bit cores, inline multiplies of 1 x 3 (Geoffrey Hausheer)
- long-chain if/elsif/... clauses in which one entry is TRUE
does not correctly skip further entries leading to incorrect
- fixed 14 bit hybrid branch optimization (Per)
- allow string constants to be passed directly to procedures:
- fixed re-entrancy bug
- On 16 bit systems ISR entry assumes the saved variables exist
in bank 0 which is rarely if ever the case
- implemented `pragma frame' which forces all variables in a procedure
to be placed together in a single block
- the source line numbers in the ASM file were off by one.
- lfsr should use the value instead of the base directly
- loading an array into a pointer should use the value instead
of using the variable directly
- when an array is passed to a function, it should be marked `assigned'
because the function might assign an element
- it was possible to define a variable as a flexible array. This should
only be allowed as parameters.
Lastest release files (JALv2 2.4q):
- Binaries (win32 and linux with chipdef files)
Bleeding edge files. Warning -- these are probably in the midst
of being tested, and some features may not work. Always look at the
README file to see what changes have come in! The version is always
one higher than the last release.
- Binaries (win32 and linux with chipdef files)
These are just some minor projects I've done that probably don't
belong in either a MicroController, or in JAL. Use at your own